We've put together some tips on living sustainably!
Click through to see different categories we cover
Reduce your carbon footprint...
Transport is a large contributor towards global greenhouse gases (GHG). It accounts for about 29% of global GHG. Trying to be more aware of the way in which you travel has a big impact on your carbon footprint. Being more conscious of sustainable travel options is a great step towards addressing climate change. Here are some options on how to travel more sustainably.
Why not try a Staycation?
Instead of going somewhere for your next vacation, why not try something local?
Here are some of the benefits of traveling local rather than far away:
- You can save time because both the planning process of your travel and time to reach the destination are significantly reduced.
- There is no jet lag and you can focus more on leisure time rather than recovering from the tiredness of the journey.
- It is much more convenient for short breaks, you will not have to struggle for food options if it is nearby your city, and you will be able to appreciate the moments more.
- You get an opportunity to explore new areas around you, and maybe you'll find that it reminds you of somewhere far away or maybe you'll discover a new local shop or local food!
- You can overpack!- you no longer would have to weigh your bags or luggage. Moreover, you will have more space to get presents for your family and friends.
- As flying is one of the highest contributors to greenhouse gases, traveling by car/train is much better for the environment and it's more cost effective.
- It is great for road trips and picnic lovers too!
- It can prove to be an enriching experience and adventure for a once a week outing.
Click here to read about other sustainable topics:
City Guides Coming Soon!
Be on the lookout for when we launch our city specific guides
Our city specific guide gives you sustainable options
around your city to know where you can recycle your
products, buy compost and visit beautiful places just
round the corner.
Fill this form out to help get your city guide out faster!