At Saathi, we are on a mission to revolutionize the hygiene industry as a consumer products company that makes products in a sustainable and responsible way.
Since we began, we have been measuring our impact. We realized that the impacts we’re measuring aligned with various UN SDGs and are excited to be part of the solution. We have partnered with various NGOs, CSR partners to work on various projects to address period poverty. Here are a few impacts we measure.
Saved CO2 Emission
Saved Plastic Waste
No of women reached in Rural Areas
To help us reach our goal of supporting 5000 menstruators with biodegradable sanitary pads in India for an entire year, please consider contributing to our campaign! Our Give India campaign is for all contributors in India with 80G tax deductible benefits, while the GoFundMe campaign is for contributors from all countries outside of India and has 501c3 tax deductible benefits.
Through our holistic approach, Saathi is able to work towards 8 of the 17 UN SDGs by:
- Increasing income for farmers
- Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production "Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns"
- Goal 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure "Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation"
- Employing women in manufacturing unit and distribution
- Goal 5: Gender equality “Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls”
- Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth "Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all"
- Ensuring womxn experience rash-free periods
- Goal 3: Good health and well-being “Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all all ages”
- Goal 6: Clean water and sanitation “Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all”
- Reducing plastic waste and carbon emissions
- Goal 13: Climate action "Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts by regulating emissions and promoting developments in renewable energy"
- Goal 14: Life below water "Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
To learn more about the UN SDGs read about it on our blog post here.